Small Mammal, Reptile, Frog and Microbat Surveys, Fauna Trapping, Reporting, Environmental Recommendations
In conjunction with Sunshine Coast Council, FPE has been able to deliver a preliminary ecological assessment of several environmental reserves through a series of fauna surveys. This will assist Council with future planning and management of these. Our surveys have uncovered several rare and threatened species that will be monitored over the following years to protect their populations.
SCC required fauna surveys to be conducted at London Creek, Mooloolah River, Upper Mooloolah, Ben Bennett, Bell’s Creek, Buderim Forest, Mount Ninderry and Gray’s Road Environmental Reserves to learn the biological significance of these reserves and the best ways to manage these. FPE was contracted to undertake these surveys which included the following services:
• Active nocturnal surveys for amphibians, bats and mammals
• Amphibian, bat, mammal and reptile trapping techniques including driftline, pitfall, funnel, Elliot and harp traps
• Camera trapping and bat call recording using songmeters
• Regional Ecosystem mapping and survey design
• Environmental reporting including management recommendations
Future-Plus Environmental achieved a successful monitoring project backed up with detailed reporting. Through significant project planning, well developed methodologies and the necessary expertise and experience, Future-Plus Environmental provided all proposed deliverables of the highest standard to the client.